This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blueberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

Having been unable to find a blueberry muffin recipe that I really liked, I created my own. It contains less sugar and more blueberries than most and for an extra punch of tastiness, I mixed in some oatmeal and some chocolate chips. I've been eating these all week and haven't wanted to destroy the evidence yet, so I'll post the recipe. I actually sold a few plates of these at the stand this week, so apparently others find them edible as well (a rare occurrence that I'll be sure to savor). Enjoy.

Ingredients:

1 cup of all-purpose flour

1 cup of rolled oats (oatmeal)

1/2 cup of whole wheat flour

1/2 cup of sugar

1/2 tsp of salt

1 tbs of baking powder

1 1/4 cups of milk (I used raw milk, but 2% or even skim would probably work fine)

1 egg

1/3 cup canola (or similar) oil

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 pint blueberries

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry, adding in blueberries and chocolate chips. Stir until blended and a batter forms.

Spoon the batter into muffin pan filling each cup 1/2 to 3/4 high. Bake at 400 degrees for around 20 min. Muffins are done when firm to the touch and tops are golden brown.

Makes 12-15 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment