This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

When it comes to carving pumpkins, my brother, sister and I are maniacs. We spend the entire year collecting silhouettes that will make good new patterns, and carve dozens of the fruits come Halloween. This year was a little different, however. Due to time constraints we carved relatively few. I've only carved 5 pumpkins (a huge drop from the 200+ my siblings and I used to carve in a week), and only created one new pattern this year. Even so, I rather enjoyed the new pattern so I'd thought I'd share it.

Legend of the Seeker is the only television show I watch, but I'm basically obsessed with it, so I decided to do a Legend of the Seeker pumpkin. I took the poster silhouette of the confessor, the seeker, the mord sith, and the wizard all standing together and carved the space out around them to make a suitable pumpkin pattern. I thought it was appropriate considering I'm going as the confessor for Halloween. Here's the finished product; I'm going as the one on the left. 

Kahlan, Richard, Cara, & Zedd

This was the poster I used as the pattern; it's one of the Save Our Seeker campaign posters (somebody please pick up this awesome show). I nixed the rest of the poster and just used the silhouettes of the main four characters as the pattern for the pumpkin. To carve it, just draw a circle around the people and carve out around the figures, leaving them standing in the pumpkin.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment