This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Thursday, January 6, 2011

There is something indescribably satisfying about organizing. Organizing excites me. It's as if removing clutter from my physical environment also clears my mind, giving me new energy and new project ideas. I finally tackled a job that's been staring me in the face for quite sometime: My Bedroom. Aside from having all my soap, candle, and card making materials in there, I also have a card table set up with my sewing machine, surrounded by bag of material and half finished projects.

While I do have a closet in the bedroom, it was never shelved, so has been severely underused. But not anymore. Today I finally took it upon myself to build some shelves, and at last, I am beginning organize my craft and sewing things. Everything is going to have it's own place, and anything in a box has a handy little tag telling me what's in it. It give me more room in my room, and it doesn't look so cluttered. Best of all, I inherited some old wooden furnature that really warms up the room and the dresser is the perfect place to set my antique Singer sewing machine. (My cousin found it out in his barn a few years ago and gave it to me because he knew I sewed. One of these days I'll have the motor repaired in it).

The only thing missing is a carpet, which I intend to make from some old upholstery material Gramma gave me a few weeks ago. It's yellowish, so it'll be shag rug reminiscent, giving my room a sort of hippie-Civil War feel. (I know, strange combination, but the old furniture looks 1800's and most everything else looks 1960's. Well, anyway, they're two of my favorite fashion eras).

And on a really bright note, today I was thrilled to learn that I sold quite a few crafts at one of the shops I have my items in. Currently I have rye weavings, greeting cards, and crafted gourds in the Simply Unique Gift Shop in Bloomfield, and I have hand-dipped beeswax tapers in the Cheshire Union Gift Shop in Cheshire.

And finally, I'm getting my site revised. Here's my new logo. I took out the textured background and just made it plain green, plus I added the deep red boarder and changed the wording to match.


No comments:

Post a Comment