This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Making an Elvin Archer Part 6: The Shirt

For shirt I used light green broadcloth, double-layered on the torso part, and single-layered on the sleeves. It's one of the Renaissance style, large shirts. I kept it fairly short so there wouldn't be a lot to stuff into the corset. The collar was a two inch wide piece of fabric that I did a running stitch on, and pulled it up tight, then I sewed it between the two layers of the shirt. To make the sleeves poofy, I cut them in a shape sort of like a half moon, and sewed the curved edge to the body of the shirt. The flat edges I made sure to cut on the bias so I wouldn't have to hem them. Then to enhance the "poof" I sewed some half-inch brown ribbon onto the sleeve-bottoms, sewing only at the very edges which left a tunnel in between. Through the tunnel, I ran a thinner piece of brown ribbon so the sleeves can be pulled up tight for added "poofyness" and a good fit on the arms. The olive green piece of cloth at the bottom is a sash/belt that goes around the waist.
The costume was finished off with a pair of latex elf ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment