This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Underground Greenhouses, DIY Pom-Pom Barette


This email has been sent to you because you subscribed to the mailing list on TheWoodlandElf.com or signed up at one of the farm markets. If you no longer wish to receive these mailings Click here to unsubscribe.

The Woodland Elf

Easy DIY Pom-Pom Barrette

A little yarn and some glue gets you a cute pom-pom barrette.

 

Read More


DIY Greenhouse Underground

We've used small hoophouses and row covers on our farm for years, but I recently read about a very innovative and inexpensive type of DIY greenhouse that I might have to try.

 

Read More


Quote of the Week:

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." ~ Ben Sweetland

 

 

AT THE MARKET:
I've got sunflowers! A few days of sun were exactly what my patch needed. Had my first few bouquets of sunflowers this week and should continue having them. It also popped a bunch of my lilies, so will even have a bouquet or 2 of colorful flowers at Cheshire this week. Things are back to normal timewise this week, so I'll have veggies at Cheshire again this week, maybe even a couple of the first onions if I have time to pull some before I leave (they're not the huge ones yet, but they're decent size).

I'll also have a batch of dinosaur-shaped soaps for the Jurassic World fans (but sorry, no Indominus Rex), and my last few sets of dipped beeswax tapers. (I've got 3 sets left and then I'll be out of them until I get some fresh beeswax). I will be out of catnip this week, as I sold the whole basket Saturday, and the leaves I picked Sunday are still drying. So next week I'll have a fresh batch of that too for the kitties.

Cheshire Farmers Market:
Thursdays, 2pm-6pm, June-September
At the Cheshire Union, Main St.

Canandaigua Farmers Market:
Saturdays, 8:30am-12:30pm, June-October
Under the Mill Street Pavilion

Victor Farmers Market:
Wednesdays, 3pm-7pm, June-October
In the Village Hall parking lot

newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment