This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Friday, September 11, 2009

Well, this week I learned that it is possible to weave without a loom. I just tied two board above and below a windowsill and voila! an instant weaving loom. I'm using it to weave my brother's Halloween costume. Never too early to start. I usually make costumes for rental in October, so my own family's costumes have to be done earlier. I also decided to make this week, my first week sewing with a pattern. I usually make own patterns to sew from scratch, but this week I was in Jo-Anne fabrics (my favorite store in the world) and they were having a pattern sale. I'm a sucker for any type of period garb, so when I saw a pattern for a full-hooped civil war era gown, I couldn't resist. If nothing else, I just want to experiment and see what it's like to work with a premade pattern. It should be fun.
Now onto this week's craft project. We have loads of wild catnip growing in the cow pasture. My cats love rolling in it, so I thought I'd make a few sachets they could play with in the house. If nothing else, it'll give them something to do when they get cabin fever this winter. They're quick and easy to make and will bring new life to almost any cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment