This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Downtown Art Show

It was the street arts festival in Canandaigua today, so after the market I parked my car (under the pavillion where I already was because I knew there wouldn't be another parking space for miles), and headed out to the sidewalks. I try to hit it every year. There're always some old favorites, as well as some new ones. I really liked the woman making shampoo bars. It was so interesting, I might have to try it myself. I already know how to make soap from scratch, so I can't imagine shampoo bars would be that different, just a change in a few ingredients.

I collected a lot of cards, I always do at this thing. Some are for inspiration, and some are for people I might want to look up later. And as always, I stopped by the tie-dye guy and the batik woman. I do a little tiedying and batiking myself, but it's time-consuming, so it's always nice to walk into a tent and see walls of it.

Of course the highlight of the sidewalk trip: Fried Dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment