This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Olive Oil Soap

Well, I'm getting closer. This was my second try at a batch if oilve oil soap, and while it didn't exactly work out, I think I'm getting closer. I used a bar of olive oil soap once and it was one of the nicest I've ever used, and recently several people at the market have asked me if I do oilve oil soap. So, I've been working on trying to make some. I have a recipe, but I think I'm going to have to alter it. I can't seem to get it to trace following the recipe, so I'll think I'll change the recipe before I wreck another batch.

The difficult part is that I'm used to using lard in the soapmaking, whereas the olive oil recipe is a castile (no animal products). That and I use my own homemade lye, so it's a bit more unpredictable than storebought. I think I'm going to get myself some palm oil to add to the olive oil, that might help a bit. (And I only use certified, sustainably grown palm oil). A batch or two more, and I just might have some bars to take to market.

No comments:

Post a Comment