This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Crazy

The Good: The good is that Sunday it rained two and a half inches here. Yippie!

The Bad: The bad is that the two and a half inches might have come too late. I went out to the most recent flower patch I planted (recent being a relative term as the planting occurred three or four weeks ago now) and while there were some of the flowers coming up at last, they were few and far between. I'm thinking either crows or chipmunks devoured them since they sat in the ground for several weeks with no germination. Still, it's only been two days, so I'm hopeful more will pop later this week.

The Crazy: The crazy is of course the quilt. The benefit of always taking something with me to sew as I sit at the market is that I'm now half way through my crazy quilt. And somebody at the market had a great idea. Instead of giving the crazy quilt to the Ugly Quilt foundation, I should sell the crazy quilt and use the proceeds to buy multiple blankets for the Ugly Quilt foundation. That way several people get to benefit. Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment