This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Is is Too Early for Halloween?

I know it's still September, but does that mean it's too early for Halloween soaps? I sure hope not, because I'm having way too much fun making these to stop now.

I found some new molds made of that flexible silicon stuff I am SO in love with (it's so much easier than trying to work with plastic molds) and they are just right for the upcoming season. Plus I also had a request again for the "spider soaps" I made last year in October, so I figured as long as I was doing spider soaps, I might as well do Jack-o-lantern soaps as well. The two kinds together having a rather charming, albeit slightly creepy (we have the spiders to thank for that) effect.

We also started harvesting our Jack-be-little gourds and all the various hybrids with different names, (but which look quite similar to Jack-be-littles making it easier to simply refer to them all as "Jacks"). So I will be bringing my flowered gourds to Canandaigua this weekend if I have enough time to finish them between now and then. I know several people have been looking for them. So wish me time (I need it more than luck at the moment!)

No comments:

Post a Comment