This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Treat Allergies and Asthma by Burning Beeswax Candes

I've been making beeswax candles for quite a few years now using wax from my own hive (read how I caught my wild swarm here) and those of other local area beekeepers. I've always loved the fact that beeswax is such an eco-friendly and renewable resource. (The wax comes from the leftover cappings after honey is removed from the combs.) Once in a while I'll add eco-friendly candle dyes to it, but I never scent it as beeswax has its pleasant honey scent. It now seems that scent can do more than just give the house a pleasant aroma.

Someone at the market recently told me about an article she'd read explaining how burning 100% pure local beeswax can ease seasonal allergies and asthma. It works in much the same way as eating local honey. The small bit of pollen in the beeswax help introduce it to the body in tiny amounts allowing the body to build up a tolerance for it. She was nice enough to send me the article which you can read here: Beeswax Candles and Allergies: An Effective Solution

One more reason to love beeswax candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment