This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Thursday, September 9, 2010

In Loving Memory...

This morning started off on a sad note as we were forced to put down our cow Valentine after he fell and badly injured himself. A good friend of 14 years, he's not just a cow to me, anymore than someone's child is just a kid to them. In my family cows are not merely livestock. The only profit we seek to gain from them is the manure they produce to fertilize the garden. They are pets as truly as any cat or dog. My animals are my life, my family, and so too was Valentine. He will be missed, but I take comfort in knowing that he has had one of the best lives of any cow on this planet and he lived a good, long life. Goodbye my sweet Valentine.
Valentine: 1996-2010 (Wednesday, September 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment