This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Saturday, September 25, 2010

So last night at 1:30 in the morning, when everyone else is sleeping, I'm outside in the moonlight running around through the woods and the open meadows behind my house like some Medieval sorceress. I'm not in any form a werewolf (at least as far as I know), but there is something about the full moon that just makes me want to run outside under its light. Maybe it's the bit of Celtic blood in me. So last night, after making sure no one was looking, I geeked up, put on my confessor's dress and ran out into the night. With the bright light of the full moon I could see for miles and running around with those long flowing sleeves, I hit that point where I didn't have to just pretend I was in the Celtic sorcery days, I felt like I was actually there. And yes, I did have an excuse ready just in case anybody happened to catch me in the act of running around costumed up on a night other than Halloween; it was research for the fantasy story I'm writing, based in a land where the moon is always full. Sometimes you actually have to become your characters before you can write about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment