This blog is no longer in use, please visit the updated website at: www.TheWoodlandElf.com

 

   

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Uses For Lavender

I've always kinda thought of lavender as a miracle herb. The smell helps get rid of headaches (something I'm usually in dire need of), it's great as a de-stresser, and the oil can be used to treat almost anything an essential oil can treat.

So last week at the Cheshire Farm Market, I found out one more use for those lovely purple flowers. Purple Dog Lavender Farm sells lavender (obviously, as the name would suggest) and wool. And I learned that apparently those two items go quite well together, because the smell of lavender will deter moths from destroying the wool. So not only will it save your sweaters, it also smells a lot better than moths balls or even cedar. If you wash your wool items with lavender water, it saturates them with lavender scent and keeps the moths out. In my case, I think I've finally found something to do with the lavender bottles I make every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment